From PCI to Thrombectomy Services: Don't Reinvent the Wheel
Thursday, May 30, 2019
1 - 2:30 p.m. ET
As medical science continues to advance, the benefits of an immediate treatment response to a stroke, or ‘brain attack,’ have paralleled the benefits of coronary intervention in treating a ‘heart attack’. With this medical evolution, the use of clot busters, angioplasty, and stents are quickly becoming the standard arsenal for stroke treatment—and, as in coronary intervention, time is of the essence.
During this special Stroke Month session, our speakers will outline the key steps to include in gap assessment as a means to understand organizational readiness for expansion into interventional stroke care, with attention to existing synergies within coronary services that can be built upon. They will share industry trends, along with details about steps being taken by regulatory agencies and the federal government paying more attention to stroke, which brings new ‘bypass laws’ and requirements for patient transport to thrombectomy-capable centers. As these multiple factors converge, organizations are well advised to prepare with modern methods and trained manpower to provide a competent, structured, and accessible system of treatment for stroke.
Following this distance learning opportunity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss key facility and equipment considerations;
- Understand the key strategic, market and manpower considerations for this type of service expansion;
- Identify innovative solutions to staff training, call, and retention needs;
- Highlight lessons learned from the similar processes of introducing PCI with off-site OHS and Thrombectomy services; and
- Understand the importance of data integrity and reporting to program success.
This is a can’t-miss session! As an added bonus, an open demonstration of Corazon's Neurovascular Information System, CEREBROS™, will take place following the webinar. Participants can remain on the line to gain an in-depth view of the many program management and data collection aspects of the system. As a special opportunity, this event is being provided free of charge.